2 Chronicles 6:1-6 (ESV)
Then Solomon said, “The LORD has said that he would dwell in thick darkness. But I have built you an exalted house, a place for you to dwell in forever.” Then the king turned around and blessed all the assembly of Israel, while all the assembly of Israel stood. And he said, “Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, who with his hand has fulfilled what he promised with his mouth to David my father, saying, ‘Since the day that I brought my people out of the land of Egypt, I chose no city out of all the tribes of Israel in which to build a house, that my name might be there, and I chose no man as prince over my people Israel; but I have chosen Jerusalem that my name may be there, and I have chosen David to be over my people Israel.’
God keeps His promises! When God says He is going to do something, we can be assured He will. It is trusting in these promises of God that separates some from others. Note what Paul said about Abraham:
Romans 4:20-21 (ESV)
No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.
Notice what the writer of the book of Hebrews said about Moses:
Hebrews 11:23-26 (ESV)
By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden for three months by his parents, because they saw that the child was beautiful, and they were not afraid of the king’s edict. By faith Moses, when he was grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, choosing rather to be mistreated with the people of God than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. He considered the reproach of Christ greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking to the reward.
Abraham left his home land because he believed in God’s promises. Moses refused to hang on to this earth because he believed God’s promises about another place (God’s future kingdom). It is belief in God’s promises that separates some from others.
No comments:
Post a Comment