Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Walk With God By Obeying His Word - Psalms 119:73-176

Psalms 119:113-120 (ESV)

SAMEKH

I hate the double-minded,

but I love your law.

You are my hiding place and my shield;

I hope in your word.

Depart from me, you evildoers,

that I may keep the commandments of my God.

Uphold me according to your promise, that I may live,

and let me not be put to shame in my hope!

Hold me up, that I may be safe

and have regard for your statutes continually!

You spurn all who go astray from your statutes,

for their cunning is in vain.

All the wicked of the earth you discard like dross,

therefore I love your testimonies.

My flesh trembles for fear of you,

and I am afraid of your judgments.


The above set of verses show a contrast between the writer’s obedience to God’s word and that of those who reject God’s word.   Those who are double-minded.   They express the difference between the one who loves God’s law and those who those who go astray from it.  All the execution of the Christian walk can seem daunting at times, the formula for the walk is simple:  Walk in obedience to what God tells us.   Those who do not obey God’s word He will discard like dross.   But the one one who loves His testimonies need not fear the challenges of this life.   We are fear Him and His word and walk in it and we will not fear the world and its destruction.  Simple!    Yes, difficult to carry out because we are full of sin.  But that is why Christ came to walk the walk for us and give us His Spirit to enable us to walk in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nahum - Why Was it Written?

  NAHUM Means : To be sorry ... console oneself) His name is symbolic of the message of book Historical Setting 1. During the time of J...