Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Pay Your Vows - Psalms 114-116

Psalms 116:18-19 (ESV)

I will pay my vows to the LORD

in the presence of all his people,

in the courts of the house of the LORD,

in your midst, O Jerusalem.

Praise the LORD!


Paying a vow is very important to God.  The Hebrew word is used over 50 times in the Old Testament.  Note the following: 


Psalms 50:14 (ESV)

Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving,

and perform your vows to the Most High,


Psalms 56:12 (ESV)

I must perform my vows to you, O God;

I will render thank offerings to you.


Psalms 61:8 (ESV)

So will I ever sing praises to your name,

as I perform my vows day after day.


Psalms 65:1 (ESV)

O God of Our Salvation

TO THE CHOIRMASTER. A PSALM OF DAVID. A SONG.

Praise is due to you, O God, in Zion,

and to you shall vows be performed.


Psalms 116:14 (ESV)

I will pay my vows to the LORD

in the presence of all his people.


Proverbs 20:25 (ESV)

It is a snare to say rashly, “It is holy,”

and to reflect only after making vows.


Ecclesiastes 5:4 (ESV)

When you vow a vow to God, do not delay paying it, for he has no pleasure in fools. Pay what you vow.


Like this song writer of Psalm 116, praise God and keep your vows.  As God to give you power to keep the vows you have made to Him.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Warning for Attention Seekers - Acts 7-8

Acts 8:4-13 (ESV) 4 Now those who were scattered went about preaching the word. 5 Philip went down to the city of Samaria and proclaimed to...